Getting into an automobile accident is scary enough without the added stress of being unsure how to handle the situation. We want you to have all the information that you need to navigate this trying experience with ease. Here’s how to maneuver through this process:
- If save, move your car off the road and provide assistance to anyone who is injured.
- Call the police or highway patrol immediately. They can call emergency personnel for you, if needed. Once the police arrive, give them as much information as you can concerning what occurred. Do not admit fault; just give the facts. Ask the investigating officer for a copy of the report, as you may have to submit that with your claim.
- Write down the names and addresses of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident. Also note the license plate number, make, model and year of each car involved. You should also note the name of the other driver’s insurance company and driver’s license number. Write down the names and contact information for any and all witnesses to your accident.
- Take photographs of your damaged vehicle and retain these images for use during your claim.
- Write down as many details as you can recall about your accident and then call Neckerman Insurance Services to report your claim. When contacting us, we will let you know what the next steps will be with the claims adjuster.
- Keep a record of all correspondences that you have regarding your claim, including the date, name and title of the person you talked to and what was said.
- Keep a record of any expenses you incurred as a result of the accident. Depending on your policy, you may be entitled to reimbursement for your expenses.
- Before making repairs to your vehicle, find out what type of parts will be used—either original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts or aftermarket parts. We need to know this information for the claims process.
Though an accident is a stressful situation, try your best to remain calm during the entire ordeal. As always, feel free to contact Neckerman Insurance Services for assistance throughout the process.
© 2020 Zywave, Inc.